Monday, May 17, 2010

Mind Our Minds


Lately, I started practising the writing of Amituofo in Chinese characters on a booklet. The intent was to cultivate mindfulness and detachment through the process. It forces me to break away from my hustle and bustle of work and life, as well as my usual habits. Habitually, I write the word “Na” (as in Namo) slightly different from the standard way, the way that I mastered since young. When I first initiated the writing practice, I mindfully corrected my strokes to the standard way. As I wrote on and as distractions set in, I realized that I was back to my habitual way of writing. It just occurred to me that if I am not careful and mindful, my unwholesome habits which I have determined to shake off may surface to haunt me from time to time. I hope my reflection serves as a gentle reminder to all.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we need focus and always mindful of what we do daily.
    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AlexanderLotts0 请不要这样子。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep concentrate to present doing
    remember
    don't dwell the past , don't dream the future , concentrate to present moment or doing
    ~ BUDDHA~

    ReplyDelete