Thursday, August 28, 2008

Do you have a bad day?

Recently, I spent slightly more time to read on Buddhist stories particularly on this book written by Ajahn Brahm titled "Open the door of your heart". It is more than a Buddhist book, it taught us the way of life, very much aligned to Buddha's teachings on achieveing happiness and peace. Many of these stories are close to my heart, I could relate to them either in my own self experience or those that I have came across in others' lives. Many life problems cause pain and suffering, but our perspectives will shape the eventual outcomes - Happiness or Misery.

Few days ago, my wife was sharing with me the treatment she and her colleagues received in their company. Their superior flared up on them for outcome of a decision made by the management. The exact word she used to describe her position was "Shit Hole". Amusingly, she then said, "Shit Holes are important!" I could'nt help but burst out in laughter. She continued "Without Shit Holes, people will be all bottled up with Shit, get constipated and really frustrated. Shit Holes serve a key purpose!". I think not many people could take a step back from their misery to look at their problems from a different plane.

1 comment:

  1. It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis.Yours is a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete